EOC has has $1.1 million in Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) funding available now for low-income Indian River County and Okeechobee County Residents. All Indian River and Okeechobee households earning up to 150% of the poverty level may apply and qualify for up to $5,000 in assistance.
You do not need to be impacted by COVID-19 to apply, and you do not need to already be past due. You just need to meet the income qualifications.
Who is Eligible
- Have a total household gross income of no more than 150% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (see below).
- Be a resident of Indian River County or Okeechobee County.
- Be a U.S. Citizen, qualified alien, or permanent resident of the U.S.
- You do not need to be impacted by COVID-19 to apply, and you do not need to already be past due.
Federal Poverty Guidelines
Single-person households may earn up to $19,320 per year. The income limit for 2-person households is $26,130. It is $32,940 for 3-person households and $39,750 for 4-person households.
What You Need
- Photo ID for all household members over age 18
- Social Security Cards for all household members
- Proof of income for the past 30 days for all household men]mbers (no bank statements)
- Electric Bill
- Food Stamp Approval Letter (if receiving)
- Lease or proof of ownership
Apply by following the link below.
Hard copy applications are also available at our main office located at 2455 St. Lucie Avenue in Vero Beach, or our Okeechobee County Office located at 1798 NW 9th Avenue in Okeechobee. For questions, or for additional information, call 772-562-4177 in Vero Beach or 863-357-2240 in Okeechobee.
EOC Community Service Specialists will also be holding community outreach events throughout the community to spread awareness of the program and take applications.