LIHWAP - Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program

Indian River County or Okeechobee residents can apply for water assistance with the Economic Opportunities Council by: 

Calling 772-562-4177 to speak with Community Services Specialist (8:00am – 4:00pm, Monday – Friday)

Picking up a paper application from the drop box outside of our locations (available 24/7)

  • EOC Administrative Office – 2455 St. Lucie AvenueVero Beach, FL 32960
  • Northside Head Start Center – 1798 NW 9th Avenue, Okeechobee, FL 34972

To meet the criteria for this grant-funded assistance program, you must:

  • Be a resident of Indian River County or Okeechobee County
  • Have a household income of 150% FPL or less 
  • Be able to provide the following documents:
  1. ID card (for everyone in the household, ages 18+)
  2. Social Security Card (for everyone in the household)
  3. Proof of all income for the past 30 days (for everyone in the household)
  4. Proof of Address (Lease/Rental Agreement, Mortgage)
  5. Food Stamp Award Letter (only if you get these benefits)
  6. Water Bill

The Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) is a federally funded program from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to assist income-eligible families with water and wastewater costs.

Indian River County
2455 St. LucieAvenue
Vero Beach, FL 32960

Okeechobee County
1798 NW 9th Avenue
Okeechobee, FL  34972

Application is temporarily closed.